Hornets continue Rochdale's long tradition of recognising Fijian talent by signing the Bati's 2013 World Cup squad half-back Ryan Millard. He has a very impressive Sydney league pedigree and we can't wait for him to arrive.
Your cut out and keep guide to Ryan Millard:
- Ryan was born in 13 March 1987 in Hurstville, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia. Hurstville has lots of great chinese restaurants.
- He's a stand-off or or full-back, and can also play as a centre or winger.
- His dad is Shane Millard, coach of the Illawarra Cutters - and assistant coach of the Australian Fijian team.
- He played junior league for Renown United and both Jersey Flegg and SG Ball for the St. George Illawarra Dragons.
- He's played New South Wales Cup for the Wests Magpies and Canterbury Bankstown Bulldogs. In 2009 he spent a season with the mighty Newtown Jets. Which enhances his reputation even further.
- He then moved to the Shellharbour City Dragons, who were the New South Wales Cup partners of St. George Illawarra Dragons.
- Last year he played for North Sydney Bears feeder club Burwood/North Ryde United in the Ron Massey Cup.
- He currentlly lives in Rockdale and joins an elite group of RL pilgrims to have been to both Rockdale and Rochdale.